Monday, November 4, 2013

My cycle Day 22

And the cycle begins again. I am going to document my days, when I can, and what I go through each day. There are a few changes that have been made to my regimen that I will share. My hope is to help women realize that they are not alone. Every experience is different when it comes to this wonderful disorder we call endometriosis, but we all suffer in silence (well when we aren't curled up in a ball crying).

My periods have been wonky (a neat little Texas term I like) since my surgery in April. I have been on 21-30 day cycles. Last month was a 25 day cycle, started on day 26. This month I am figuring a 24-27 day cycle. We shall see. I started cramping on Saturday, Nov 2nd. Depending on the length of my cycle I will start between Thursday and Sunday. Due to my adenomyosis (when the endo penetrates the uterine muscle) I cramp for nearly a week before I start. Oh the joys of the wonderful disorder.

I am experiencing chronic constipation and so I am trying this herbal remedy to help cleanse my colon. I wanted to find something that would not cause more cramping because I already have enough of that. The remedy seems to be working. I am having one bowel movement a day and I have taken this for a total of 2 days. Both days I have had a small movement of very hard stool. (I know this is TMI) I am going to progress the amount of capsules that I take in the next day or so. Only one capsule at bed time for two days now.

The cramping is somewhat tolerable, with periods of severe stabbing, in what feels like the uterus, and pressure in the vaginal area. Pain meds are needed after physical activity. I put some scarves in the washer to get them ready to ship and had a BM (bowel movement) and the pain escalated to about a 6. I need to go do dishes, but will have to wait until my meds kick in or I will be useless for the rest of the day.

Day 22 is underway and I am already dreading where it is headed. I am thankful for a wonderful husband and partner that understands that days like these are hard. He calls to check on me on his breaks and reiterates that he does not want me to over do it. He says that if it starts to hurt, just sit down and we will get it taken care of when he gets home.

My wish is that this illness is more well known so that women everywhere can get the support that I get from my husband. I think it would be wonderful if we could find doctors that could treat us the same way. I am also lucky enough to have found a great doctor, Dr Dulemba. His staff is great and his attitude and humor is beyond reproach. Every woman around the world would be blessed to have more doctors that are as caring and understanding as him. Don't get me wrong, I had to search long and hard for both my husband and my doctor. Had plenty of frogs along the way in both categories. I have lost out on relationships my entire life, due to this disorder. Have been to plenty of doctors that told me I was "normal" and should suck it up. I am not a shrinking violet by any stretch of the imagination. I am pushy, determined, and will fight for what I know is right and what I know I deserve. The understanding that everyone is not able to be as pushy or have the support to stand up for themselves, is why I fight so hard to be heard.

I will continue to update my progress as the cycle days dredge on. I will continue to fight like a girl because I can and I'm proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment